Apr 21, 2019
Freda Yuan lives for coffee: the aroma, the taste, the experience and the benefits it brings in life. Her job title is 'Head of Coffee' at Origin Coffee Roasters, day-to-day she oversees procurement of coffee - including green coffee - from a variety of countries, and holds responsibility for product development and quality control. This involves tasting a LOT of coffee, and as a result, Freda is also an award-winning coffee taster. In 2017 she placed 3rd in the World Cup Taster Championship, and women the British title in 2018. Wondering how you win a coffee tasting competition? Listen in the hear more....
But coffee has done more for Freda than merely provide her with a very successful career and the opportunity to travel to some of the world's most beautiful places. It has also helped her recover and rehabilitate herself from a dark place of depression, anxiety and disordered eating. She tells this story as well today, and offers hope to others through her recovery.
Where to find Freda:
- Website: https://www.fredayuan.com
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/imfreda/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/freda-yuan-b2393a48/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/imfreda/
For more information and support on eating disorders and depression, try these websites, or consider talking to your doctor:
Mind - https://www.mind.org.uk
Sane - http://www.sane.org.uk
Follow us for more:
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/smashingtheceiling/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/smashingceiling
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/smashingtheceiling